Centered Soul Recovery Homes
The following rules and regulations are put in place to protect all residents at Centered Soul Recovery Homes and to maintain a positive and productive sober living environment.
1. All tenants MUST attend a weekly house meeting. During this meeting, topics of discussion may include strides made in recovery, mentor/sponsorship, meeting attendance, involvement in the recovery community, education, employment and issues pertaining to residency at Centered Soul Recovery Homes, among many others.
2. Tenants must attend a minimum of three support group meetings per week. These meetings can be online or in person.
3. In order to verify off-site support group meeting attendance, tenants must complete a meeting verification form to be shown to house manager/staff member during weekly house meetings held in our Centered Soul Recovery Homes.
4. Tenants must secure a mentor and/or sponsor within the first 2 weeks of occupancy. A mentor and/or sponsor is considered a member in the recovery community that is willing and capable of guiding the newcomer through recovery with daily consistent communication.
5. Tenants are required to find employment, attend IOP, enroll in school or do volunteer work within the community. Daytime hours are highly preferred. Third shift jobs are not permitted. Volunteer work and school will only be acceptable in lieu of employment if resident has an alternative means to pay their expenses. During the job search, residents will be expected to obtain employment, volunteer or enroll in school or IOP by their 2nd week of residency. After finding employment, residents will provide a weekly schedule to the House Manager.
6. Tenants who are taking prescription medications must have a local licensed healthcare provider directing their plan of care. Provider contact information, records release, and plan of care must be filed with our Administrator prior to intake. All prescription medications will be securely stored. Tenants self-dispense all prescribed medication(s) as directed by their provider with supervision and each plan of care is monitored by the House Manager and Administrative staff. Please discuss your current medications with our Administrative staff to ensure those medications are accepted into our program. All tenants are subject to random medication pill counts. Any medication that fails a pill count and is suspected of drug abuse may result in termination of stay at Centered Soul Recovery Homes.
7. Tenants participating in a Medication-Assisted Treatment program must have a local licensed healthcare provider directing their Medication-Assisted Treatment plan of care. Provider contact information, records release, and plan of care must be filed with our Administrator prior to intake. We can connect residents with local providers, if needed. All medications will be securely stored. MAT housing tenants self-dispense all prescribed medication(s) as directed by their provider with supervision and each MAT plan of care is monitored by the House Manager and Administrative staff. All tenants are subject to random medication pill counts. Any medication that fails a pill count and is suspected of drug abuse may result in termination of stay at Centered Soul Recovery Homes.
8. Tenants are subject to random weekly drug and alcohol tests. Failure to comply with a drug or alcohol test will be taken as an admission to abusing drugs or alcohol and will result in termination of stay at Centered Soul Recovery Homes. A positive screening, other than legally prescribed medications, will also result in termination of stay at Centered Soul Recovery Homes.
9. Clients must abide by designated curfew times. All curfew privileges are contingent upon resident’s ability to follow all rules and regulations:
Week 1: 10:00 pm
Weeks 2-4: 11:00 pm Sunday thru Thursday and 12:00 am Friday and Saturday
After week 4: 11:00 am Sunday thru Thursday and 1:00 am Friday and Saturday.
Overnight passes are considered after 30 days and dependent upon progress and staff approval. There is a maximum of 2 overnight passes per week. An overnight pass will need to be approved by owners 24 hours prior to requested time off premises. Exceptions will be made for family visits after owners have spoken with those family members and confirmed upcoming plans and whereabouts.
10. In an effort to protect the privacy of all clients, all visitors to Centered Soul Recovery Homes must be approved by a staff member and are required to sign in and out during their visit. Not all requests are approved. There are absolutely no overnight visits and each on-site visit is limited to 2 hours. All visitors must leave the premises by 8:00 p.m. No visitors are permitted in any of the bedrooms at any time. Visitors must be with a resident at all times and may not be left alone on the property for any reason.
11. Violence or the possession or use of a firearm or any other weapon is strictly prohibited and will result in immediate termination of stay.
12. The following activities/behaviors are unacceptable during your stay at Centered Soul Recovery Homes: sexual activity of any kind on premises, gambling, theft, destruction of property, non-compliance toward rules and regulations and bigotry toward any resident. Partaking in any one of these will result in the termination of a resident’s stay.
13. Centered Soul Recovery Homes is not responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged property. We suggest that you treat your property with the utmost care and do not bring anything in to the home of irreplaceable value.
14. Sharing of personal items, loaning money or lending of vehicles is not permitted.
15. All tenants must comply with the weekly rotating cleaning schedule and check off once designated task is completed. This will be checked during weekly house meetings.
16. Each resident is responsible for keeping their Bedrooms clean and in order. This includes making sure your bed is made each morning and cleaning all surfaces and floors. All laundry must be put away immediately after washing.
17. For the benefit of all residents in the sober living house, it is mandatory that you clean up after yourself after using common areas. Routine chores will be assigned on a rotating basis.
18. The dishwasher should be run once it has reached reasonable capacity, and dishes should be put away once the wash is cycle is completed.
19. All recyclable goods must be disposed of properly.
20. No burning candles, incense or smoking cigarettes in the house. Smoking is permitted outside.
21. It is not acceptable to eat another tenant’s food or use another tenant’s hygiene products without their prior permission. For this reason, we suggest labeling your food and using a shower caddy.
22. Bathroom schedule. With a number of people living in one place, it may be necessary to assign shower times to make sure that everyone is able to get where they need to be on time.
23. In an effort to protect the privacy of our clients, absolutely no photos of our Recovery homes can be posted on Social Media.
24.Residents will create a budget and set financial goals to aid in their financial planning. Review of financial goals will take place every month to monitor progress.
25. Items you must bring:
Personal Hygiene products
Prescription medications. Must be current and a plan of care has been filed with our Administrator. Pill counts will be conducted upon arrival and check-in.
Valid Photo ID
Social Security Card
Money or Debit/Credit card for personal miscellaneous expenses
Bath towels and washcloths for your personal use
We do not provide food, but we do take residents to our local food banks for a limited amount of donated groceries. Our food banks are only open Tuesday through Saturday so please bring some food for the first few days (especially snacks) until we can get you set up with the food banks. You may also use a Walmart gift card to go get some food or use Food Stamps if you have them.
We DO provide all bedding and pillows.